serious chocolate goodness

Friday, August 28, 2009 |

My sister and brother are heading to a meeting this evening and need to bring A DESSERT. I volunteered my services. These are seriously awesome cookies. They are rich and decadent, and perfect for Christmas parties, chocolate junkies and when you need to impress that special someone (or bribe them, whichever). I mean, like, YUM.

Fudge Crackle Cookies

INGREDIENTS

1 c. all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking powder

¼ tsp. salt

¼ c. butter or margarine

1 c. plus 3 Tbsp. sugar

3 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate – OR heaping ¼ cup unsweetened powdered chocolate + 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

¾ c. chopped nuts (I used walnuts…’cause that’s what I put in real fudge)

DIRECTIONS

Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside. In saucepan, stir butter and chocolate (or butter, oil and chocolate) over low heat until melted and smooth. When cool, stir in 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla and nuts; mix until blended. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture, stir until blended. Cover and chill 1 ½ to 2 hours until firm (or flash cool in freezer for 30 minutes). Preheat oven to 300˚F. Roll into 1-inch balls; then roll in extra sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are crackled and slightly firm to touch.

9 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Lovely picture that brings back great memories. Wish I could be at the meeting and have some!

Jenny Girl said...

These look delicious! Great idea for a meeting. Thanks for the recipe.

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

For some reason those look exaclty like my mom's molasses cookies! LOL! But yours are chocolate so I'm sure they're 10x better!!!

J.T. Oldfield said...

So, now I'm determined that we have to hang out here in Seattle. And you can bring me cookies. Screw the diet. ;)

Ginny Larsen said...

they were amazing. and well-received as we predicted. great job, sis! you're a baking pro. i didn't have any extras to bring home, so hopefully there's some left!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

These cookies look absolutely delicious! I think I am going to have to find some chocolate or cookies around here now...

Lisa said...

Yummy! Going to check my pantry now to see if I have everything I need to make them!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Celi.a Please stop by my blog and pick up your award.

http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

They look wonderful!! I love to bake, so am going to have to try this recipe!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home