chocolate is the fashion

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 |
On Sunday I had the opportunity to eat lots of chocolate, browse a quirky and fun Seattle neighborhood market, and meet some awesome area fashion bloggers. FASHION bloggers?! Yes. Insane. I’m not, you know, What Not To Wear material, but I’m not fashion blogger worthy, either. So, HOW did this happen?

I knew one wonderful fashion blogger already – the ultra-cool Clothes Horse. Her sister’s a close friend, and she just happens to live near my new residence. So when she called me up and asked if I’d like to tag along to the meet-up, I said, “Sure!”

Lesson #1: The Clothes Horse is unbearably cute.

We started at Theo Chocolate, the only bean-to-bar, fair trade certified, organic chocolate maker in the United States. We toured the factory (which smelled DIVINE), tried chocolate in different stages of production (the ‘nibs’ are delicious!), and then got to taste test most of their amazing varieties of chocolate bars.

After that we browsed the Freemont Sunday Market just around the block. Lots of used and vintage items for sale, along with a great selection of arts and crafts. The people-watching was superb – I even spied some vendors in steampunk garb! It was an all-around good time. Best part: I met two other lovely bloggers – Eunice of What’s Your Tale Nightingale and Kam of needle + thread. Both ladies are very talented and fun…and you should follow the links and check them out! Also, if you’re a Seattle-area blogger and would be interested in a meet-up sometime soon, let me know.

En fin, bloggers = great, whatever their stripe or fancy. Also, cell phone cameras are not ideal. Many pardons for the photos. If you want to see cooler/better/fantastic photography, go follow those links I told you about.

Lesson #2: hair nets are never sexy.

10 comments:

Eunice said...

Hairnets are the next big thing. we're bringing hairnets back, justin timberlake style.

haha just kidding.

it was great to meet you, and I can't wait for the next time!

Peaceful Reader said...

This sounds like a dream day adventure! I can just smell the chocolate surrounding your group.

Belle said...

If I were even remotely fashionable, I'd love to be a fashion blogger, especially if it entails meet-ups revolving around chocolate. Love the hair-nets!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds like you had a blast :)

Kim said...

"There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE." ~~ Linda Grayson, The Pickwick Papers.

Fashion Bloggers? Of course! There is a blog for everything. Sounds a like a fun day. I think my mom still sleeps with a hairnet on to keep that once-a-week do looking fresh. :)

She said...

MmMmM chocolate!

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I visited Theo's website, and am now super jealous of you. Their chocolates look wonderful!

christine said...

Chocolate, fun company, interesting places - what a great day! I am envious!! Chocolate nibs rule!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Hee-hee, yeah I could give someone a toothache with that giant bow!

vvb32 reads said...

uhh,hairnets? really? i'll take the chocolate instead.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home