sunshine through the clouds

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 |
I found/sort-of-made-up the perfect recipe for a cloudy fall or winter day. A cookie prescription to chase away the dark and impress your friends. I cannot speak for desserts at large, but it’s now a family favorite in the cookie category. Plus, it’s easy to make (SCORE!). And of course the recipe is called ‘Sunshine Lemon Craisin Cookies.’ Warning: they sort of DO taste like sunshine. Really. Resist if you want to remain grumpy.


Sunshine Lemon Craisin Cookies

INGREDIENTS

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter (soft)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup Craisins (sweetened, dried cranberries – sweet/tart flavor)
1 teaspoon lemon extract OR 1/2 squeezed lemon plus zest of 1/2 lemon

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Add rest of ingredients EXCEPT Craisins and lemon extract, and stir until blended. Mix in Craisins and lemon extract. Form dough into 1 1/2 balls, then roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet, and bake in oven for 9-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Kim said...

One can never have enough sunshine--even here in Las Vegas. Yum! And I even have some craisins on hand.

Tales of Whimsy said...

OMG
These sound amazing!

She said...

What an interesting cookie! I think I will need to make these. Mmm, sunshine.

Can't go wrong with that!

Anonymous said...

These sound yummy.

kayerj said...

what a happy cure for dreary days.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

What an interesting concept - that cookies taste like sunshine. I bet it's the lemon!

Lisa said...

I made some oatmeal cookies with Craisins int them not too long ago but I never thought to use a lemon cookie. I'll have to try these. I have yet to put Craisins in anything I didn't like--I highly recommend them in tuna salad with sunflower seeds and purple onion!

Lauren said...

I *love* dried cranberries, so I might just try this out, especially if they combat the dreaded autumn.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

These sound yummy!

vvb32 reads said...

yummy, i like the lemon-cranberry mix.

Kristen M. said...

These sound perfect for a gloomy day like today! It was great to meet you at the BookFest and I look forward to learning more about you on your blog (if it involves cookies, I think we can be friends!).

The White House said...

thanks to google, when i googled "lemon craisin cookies" your blog came up and I've been enjoying the most delightful mothers day cookies ever! thank uyou!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home