The plan is to read the fairy tales we grew up on, but with an added twist, modern take or dark re-imagining. These books can be Young Adult, Romance, Erotic, e-books, audio books...only limited by one’s own imagination. The vast majority of my list is YA…it might as well be called the Young Adult Fairy Tale Challenge.
The challenge goal is to read at least 5 books during 2010. There’s no starting the challenge ahead of time, and no re-reading allowed either. Below is my initial list…to be added to as needed. And yes, I know that it's considerably over the goal number. A little over-enthusiasm does the body good.
1. Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
2. River Secrets by Shannon Hale
3. Forest Born by Shannon Hale
4. Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
5. Jasmyn by Alex Bell
6. Fables: Legends in Exile (Vol. 1) by Bill Willingham
7. Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
8. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
9. Winter’s Child by Cameron Dokey
10. Violet Eyes by Debbie Viguié
11. The World Above by Cameron Dokey
12. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
13. The Stepsister Scheme by Jim C. Hines
14. The Mermaid Madness by Jim C. Hines
15. The Princess and the Snowbird by Mette Ivie Harrison
16. Troll Bridge by Jane Yolen and Adam Stemple
17. A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
18. Ash by Malinda Lo
19. Heart’s Blood by Juliet Marillier
20. Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
Come along and join me in the world of happily-ever-after!