teaser tuesday (25)

It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:

Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page. Post two (or more) sentences from that page, along with the title and author. Don’t give anything vital away!

“‘Lucy–’ Elinor began, removing her oar from the water and holding it high above her head, prepared to crack it down on the back of the beast, at the instant it should raise its head to strike.

‘And I am sure I should not have the smallest fear of trusting you,’ the other girl continued, noticing neither Elinor’s defensive crouch, nor that the "rock" was now rising slowly from the water, revealing more of its slimy, silvery bulk—and here were two red eyes, deep-set and glowering, set above a pair of nostrils breathing hot steam.”

-p. 123 of Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters’ Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

17 comments:

Katrina said...

This book cracked me up. Great descriptive teaser.

Book Dilettante said...

Seems like a very funny book! So unlike Sense and Sensibility! Here's My teaser.

gautami tripathy said...

What a teaser!

Teaser Tuesdays: Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I've been meaning to read this forever! I can't wait for your review.

kayerj said...

I've seen this book on a few blogs--but wondered if it was any good. was it? Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

fredamans said...

This book sucks!!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday_29.html

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

That sounds hilarious! Thanks for visiting me!

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

What an interesting book from the photo and the quote. I'm not sure what I think of this twist on Sense and Sensibility. Are you liking it?

Carrie K. said...

Sounds like a fun read!

Calico Crazy said...

This books sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for visiting Calico Contemplations.

Ryan said...

I bought this book when it fist came out, started reading it, then let a friend borrow it. I never got it back. I just won it from Nikola's book blog though so I will be getting into once again shortly. Great teaser.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

This is a great teaser! I hope you are enjoying this book. I have heard so many great things of it. But unfortunately I have not purchased it yet. I am feeling so behind in my reading because I keep buying more books than I can read them.

Great teaser. I am most definitely going to have to get this one.


If you would like to stop by I have my teaser up this week as well...
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

The Book Explorer said...

Great Teaser.
I haven't read the book myself but I've wanted too.
Sounds interesting~

Shayla

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds goooood.

Anonymous said...

Great teaser. I like how oblivious Lucy seems.

Pixie said...

love the teaser. This book looks funny, I will have add it to my list.

Lisa said...

really wanna read this

here's mine

Newer Posts Older Posts Home