waiting on wednesday (5)

I’m participating today in "Waiting On" Wednesday. It is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and its purpose is to spotlight eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.


I originally saw a blurb for this one on the Orbit website, and it sounded like just my sort of thing (bizarre shenanigans? check.). And then NetGalley seemed to be offering an e-galley, so OF COURSE I requested it. Turns out there are a couple of other odd steps in there before advance reading worthiness, so I’m still trying. But in the meantime, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sausages sounds hilarious and wonderful, and it comes out from Orbit on February 11, 2011.


Tom Holt is back with a hilarious tale of magic, real estate, and a very important pig.

Polly is a real estate solicitor. She is also losing her mind. Someone keeps drinking her coffee. And talking to her clients. And doing her job. And when she goes to the dry cleaner’s to pick up her dress for the party, it’s not there. Not the dress – the dry cleaner’s.

And then there are the chickens who think they are people. Something strange is definitely going on – and it’s going to take more than a magical ring to sort it out.


What books are you waiting on?

22 comments:

June G said...

This book sounds totally crazy and not something I would normally be drawn to, but that's probably why I should pick it up. Definitely a fresh pick. Thanks.

throuthehaze said...

Based on the cover I probably would never have bothered to even read what it is about but it actually sounds interesting :)

Alison Can Read said...

Sounds like a quirky book. Out of curiosity, what odd steps is the publisher making you take to get the netgalley copy?

Straylights said...

This book sounds awesome. I also would not have looked at this book after seeing only the cover. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Cecelia said...

Alison: Orbit books are a special case - they have to have you on an approved digital reviewer list. So I got a response asking me to go to the website and email them about who I am and why I should be on their list. I'll do that (eventually), but I've done it before for their print galleys and not accepted, so I'm not holding out much hope. *sigh* Ah well...by the time this one comes out, maybe I'll have finished my mountainous TBR pile!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

lol! awesome title!

Jan von Harz said...

Wow this sound hilarious. Love the summary. Great pick!

nomadreader said...

This one looks like fun! *Off to NetGalley now*

Unknown said...

It does sound hilarious, I love the title. Great pick! =D

Pixie said...

Not something I would normally read, but it sounds funny. Hope you enjoy it!
~Pixie
Our WoW

Alayne said...

Sounds cute and fun! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Jackie said...

Like lots of others it may not be a "normal" reading pick but it sounds like a laugh out loud read! Hope you do get a copy Celi.a...

My Reading and WoW this week

jackie >_<

bibliophile brouhaha said...

Hahaha, this sounds hilaaaaaarious! Who can’t use a touch of the insane!
First time I’ve been to your blog – new follow! Hope you get the chance to stop by mine.
-Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

Jen Bigheart said...

hopping by... Love the title too!

Hope you come by and see my WoW!

Tara said...

Hah! This one looks hilarious. It's not something I would normally pick up at the store, but the cover is interesting and the blurb is entertaining. I might just have to pick it up - thanks for sharing! :)

Here's what I'm waiting for this week :)

Danny said...

*giggles* this sounds funny!!! Nothing I would read but I like the cover tough!

Gina @ My Precious said...

What a crazy premise for a new release novel. I think this one might be fun!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm oddly fascinated and reminded of Going Bovine (haven't read it yet) and Animal Farm.

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

This book sounds positively lovely and quirky at the same time :) I think I would definitely give this one a go! Great choice!

vvb32 reads said...

for some reason "sausages" in the title makes this sound like a fun book.

Alyce said...

That sounds completely wacky, which makes me think it will be either incredible or terrible.

Romance Novels Online said...

What a great title! I have not heard of this book, but it looks very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home