a grand welcome to one more page books

Sunday, February 13, 2011 |
Yesterday afternoon I convinced a couple of my friends to check out one of several Grand Opening weekend events at One More Page Books, a new independent bookstore in Arlington, Virginia. I’m a Virginia resident myself, and though I’ve been to a couple of the independent bookstores in DC, I haven’t ventured out into the suburbs until now.


The event featured a wine and champagne tasting (that champagne was delicious!), chocolate bites and frosted Valentine’s Day cookies. Also, books. I had a lovely time and found two books to bring home and add to my collection. They were: Matt Phelan’s The Storm in the Barn (new to me) and J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit (for a reread). I’m now snuggled down in a quilt, alternately reading The Hobbit and checking blog updates.


[all of these folks were unsuspecting innocent bystanders. i was practicing stealth photography.]


If you’re ever in Northern Virginia, I’d suggest One More Page for a leisurely browse, a gift, or that special occasion bottle of wine and bar of chocolate (and no, they did not pay me to say that). And if you're too far away, you can always wander by the bookstore's blog or twitter account. Which I just found while pursuing links through the interwebs. What did we ever do with our time before the 'net? Read, I suppose!

3 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Champagne and books? Splendid!

Bill Ryan said...

Looked like fun!

vvb32 reads said...

yay for indie bookstores! i especially like the kinds that host author events.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home