horns and halos finale

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 |
In 2010 Aimee of (now defunct) my fluttering heart hosted the Horns and Halos reading challenge. There were several levels, and participants pledged to read a certain number of novels featuring angels, demons, or both. I said I’d read seven (it being a perfect number and all), and I got pretty close to that goal over the course of the year. One thing I always find quite interesting: the ‘before’ and ‘after’ lists – and by that I mean the list of books I thought I’d read, and the books I actually did read. Have a gander yourself…


Books on the original list:


Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

The Ninth Circle by Alex Bell

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1) by James Patterson

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima


Books I did read:


Archangel by Sharon Shinn

Archangel’s Kiss by Nalini Singh

Terminal World by Alastair Reynolds

Demon’s Fall by Karalynn Lee

A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin

Mirrorscape by Mike Wilks


Lucky me, one of these challenge books ended up on my best of 2010 list! And I read quite a bit out of my comfort zone with a couple of these picks, so I’d count the whole experience a success. That said, of the books on that original list, I now only plan to check out The Demon’s Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan. Which isn’t to say I won’t ever pick the others up, but I’m on a bit of a break from angels (sorry, dears). I enjoyed our time together!


Do you have any favorite angel and/or demon books that I should pick up?

1 comment:

Sonythebooklover said...

Sounds interesting i'l check it out,was there a movie made after the first book in this series or have i mixed it up with something else.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home