waiting on wednesday (6)

I’m participating today in "Waiting On" Wednesday. It is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and its purpose is to spotlight eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.


I fell in love with Julie Halpern’s Into the Wild Nerd Yonder last winter on a wild, snowy day, and that experience has led to anticipation for her next novel, Don’t Stop Now. This one looks like a strange and wonderful iteration of the classic roadtrip story, and I can’t wait to read it. Don’t Stop Now will be published by Feiwel & Friends (Macmillan), and releases on June 7, 2011.


On the first day of Lillian’s summer-before-college, she gets a message on her cell from her sort-of friend, Penny. Not only has Penny faked her own kidnapping, but Lil is the only one who figures it out. She knows that Penny’s home life has been rough, and that her boyfriend may be abusive. Soon, Penny’s family, the local police, and even the FBI are grilling Lil, and she decides to head out to Oregon, where Penny has mentioned an acquaintance. And who better to road-trip across the country with than Lil’s BFF, Josh. But here’s the thing: Lil loves Josh. And Josh doesn’t want to “ruin” their amazing friendship.


Josh has a car and his dad’s credit card. Lil has her cellphone and a hunch about where Penny is hiding. There’s something else she needs to find: Are she and Josh meant to be together?


What books are you waiting on?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Em said...

roadtrip! sounds fun! will have to look into this one some more!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Whoa. It's hard have crazy friends. This sounds good and different.

nomadreader said...

I don't read much YA anymore, but I heard such great things about her last book and adore a good road trip story. I think I'll have to find time for this one this summer! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

wow, intense read. sounds great. :)

-lauren

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any Julie Halpern before, but this sounds really interesting. Great choice :)

Veronica said...

Thanks for check out my WoW pick! I like yours too!! I am going to add it to my to read pile. Thank you very much!

Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea said...

Nice WoW pick, this looks very interesting. I'm adding this to my to-read list right now.

BURIED IN BOOKS said...

So did you read "Don't Stop Now?" I'm interested in reading your review.

Heather

Newer Posts Older Posts Home