teaser tuesday (67)

It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted every week by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:


Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page (or if you're reading on an electronic device, pick a random number and scroll to that section). Post two or more sentences from that page, along with the book title and author. Share your find with others in the comments at Should Be Reading, and don't give anything vital away!


“‘Welcome, September, to the city of Westerly, my home, where live all the Six Winds in nothing at all like harmony.’


‘It’s…very nice. And very cold. And I seem to have lost one of my shoes.’”


p. 6 of Catherynne M. Valente’s The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making

15 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

LOL
Nice.
Great teaser.

Darkfallen said...

LMAO!!! Someone please find this girls shoe!

Come...let me Tease you! And while your there don't forget to sign up for our Trick-or-Treat blog hop, or to win a signed copy of Heavenly!

fredamans said...

A friend of mine sent me this one, and I still have to read it. Looks cute!

emmegail said...

This one looks so cute and I love the cover too! Here's my teaser for the week.

Karen said...

I just got this one as a bekated b-day gift. Cannot waitto read it!
Karen @ Books Beside My Bed

Alyce said...

That is a fab cover and a fun teaser!

Lindsay Cummings author said...

hi! i follow your blog! i need to read this one!!

just stopping by :) i have cool pics on mine today that remind me of dark YA.

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh this one sounds great! And corky. ;) I like the sounds of it. Do hope you are enjoying it! Thank you!!

Brooke @ iblog4books said...

Hey Cecelia - Thanks for stopping by. Love your teaser!

Shirley said...

That is a cute teaser!

Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday.

Shari said...

Great fun! Looks like a great book. I can't wait to read your review. You can see my teaser here:
http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-962011-betrayed-guardian.html
Old Follower :)
Have a great week!
Shari

Bex said...

Great teaser! I really like it, it seems like a good read. I hope you are enjoying it! :) My teaser can be found here!

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Sounds like a fun read. Love the title!

Black Disaster Fairy



A World of Personality

Pixie said...

I had never heard of this book, it sounds funny. Hope you are enjoying it.

kayerj said...

oh this one sounds enchanting. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Newer Posts Older Posts Home