teaser tuesday (74)

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 |

It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted every week by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:


Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page (or if you're reading on an electronic device, pick a random number and scroll to that section). Post two or more sentences from that page, along with the book title and author. Share your find with others in the comments at Should Be Reading, and don't give anything vital away!


“On the third night after the day her father died, Liesl saw the ghost.


She was lying in bed in the uniform gray darkness of her small attic room when in one corner the shadows seemed to crimp, or flex, and suddenly standing next to her wobbly desk and three-legged chair was a person about her height.”


p. 5 of Lauren Oliver’s Liesl & Po


16 comments:

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

ooh, that is creepy. Looks like a great read. Thanks for sharing. Here is my Teaser: http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-7-unknown-by-rachel.html

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Spooky! My teaser has a ghost in it, too! You can read it here.

Book Loving Mommy said...

This was such a great book! I hope you are enjoying it :)

My Teaser: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-january-31-2012.html

Tales of Whimsy said...

oooooooooo creepy good! Enjoy!

SimplyMe said...

That teaser is definietly creepy! Thanks for stopping by :]

Book Addict

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I love that description: "...shadows seemed to crimp or flex ..." Good writing.
Here's my post: Sandy's Teaser

kayerj said...

ooooh creepy! sounds good. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Kathy Martin said...

Ooh, nicely creepy! I hope it is good. Happy reading.

DarlingNickey said...

Sounds like a creepy-good book for children :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, good one! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

JC Jones said...

Good teaser. It must not have been her father. Thanks for visiting.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Very nice teaser. I've seen this book around and like the sounds of it. Thank you for sharing a piece of it with us! :)

Lisa said...

Well that certainly sounds interesting! Great choice for a teaser.

Unknown said...

Spooky teaser! I've heard L&P is a great book. I'll have to check it out.
Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

Amy said...

Great teasers! I so need to check this one out now - thank you for sharing! :)

carol said...

That sounds rather spooky. Great teaser.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home