waiting on wednesday (19)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 |

I’m participating today in "Waiting On" Wednesday. It is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and its purpose is to spotlight eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.


None of you compulsively check an author’s website to see when their next book comes out, do you? 'Cause that would be weird. Oh wait, I do that. I mean, I MUST know when the next Robin McKinley, Neil Gaiman, and Garth Nix book will appear (not to mention about 30 other authors added on the the list). I’m a geek like that. So when I checked Garth Nix’s website for the eleventy-billionth time in the last 5 years and saw that he actually has a novel out THIS YEAR? I might have wallowed a bit in glee and expectation. Can’t. Freaking. Wait. A Confusion of Princes will be released by HarperCollins on May 15, 2012.


A grand adventure that spans galaxies and lifetimes, A Confusion of Princes is also a page-turning action adventure.

These are the three deaths of Prince Khemri. Told in his own words, we follow him as he trains to become a Prince of the Empire, an enhanced human being, equipped with biological and technological improvements that make him faster, stronger and smarter than any ordinary person. Not to mention the ultimate benefit: should he die, and be deemed worthy, he will be reborn…

Which is just as well, because no sooner has Prince Khemri graduated to full Princehood than he learns the terrible truth behind the Empire: there are ten million princes, and all of them want each other dead, because there can only be one Emperor…


What books are you waiting on?

11 comments:

Steph Su said...

Whoaaa. I really need to read more of Nix's books! I thought the Abhorsen trilogy was tremendous, and people have recommended another of his book... oh drat, I can't recall the title right now! Shadow Children, maybe? You have any other Nix recommendations you'd give me? :D

Cecelia said...

Steph: I'm pretty sure you mean Shade's Children, which is quite good. I'd also recomend the Keys to the Kingdom series without reservation. Did you know that Nix is planning another Old Kingdom (Abhorsen) book? It should be out in the next couple years.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I really really need to try this author.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm not familiar with this author, but it does sound tempting.

Here's MY WOW POST – Spin - and here’s
MY WEBSITE

Literary Meanderings said...

You know, I really want to read some more Garth Nix. I've read some of his short stories from a few different anthologies, and they were always among my favorites. :) This one sounds really interesting. I ADORE science fiction!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Ohhh I've heard of Garth Nix! I like the cover of this one, it's really interesting! Great pick!

Adriana C said...

Is the first time that I heard of Garth Nix, but the story sounds good I should try it.
thanks for stopping by
My WOW

Charlotte said...

That does sound like fun!

Alyssa Kirk said...

How exciting for you! I've got to check out this author!

Test said...

I've never read anything by Garth Nix (Weird, right?!) but this one sounds fabulous! I'll have to check it out for sure. Great pick! :)

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Newer Posts Older Posts Home