teaser tuesday (81)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 |
It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted every week by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:

Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page (or if you're reading on an electronic device, pick a random number and scroll to that section). Post two or more sentences from that page, along with the book title and author. Share your find with others in the comments at Should Be Reading, and don't give anything vital away!

ship of souls by zetta elliott book cover
“When Mom got sick, I had to enroll in a public school, and I didn’t exactly fit in.  Kids on my block called me 'reject.'  Grown folks at church called me 'an old soul.'  One girl at school told me I talked like a white boy.”

p. 3 of Zetta Elliott’s Ship of Souls

15 comments:

Shari said...

I wonder exactly what that means? Sounds like an interesting read. How are you liking it? You can see my Teaser here: http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-582012-fallout-by-ellen.html
Have a great week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I read this one a little while ago...intriguing story.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Vanesmate said...

Lol....good teaser.

Here's my TT

fredamans said...

Kids sure can be cruel.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I agree with Freda. This really sets the tone. Great teaser.

carol said...

Good teaser. It certainly cathces my attention and makes me wonder who this character is.

Dazzling Mage said...

Curious about this. Nice teaser!

Darlene said...

That is a very interesting choice for a teaser. I haven’t heard of this book before so your teaser really intrigued me to learn more about this book! Thanks for sharing your pick!

Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

Amanda said...

Oooh I'm really curious to know about the character! How are you enjoying it?

Sullivan McPig said...

intriguing teaser. I'll lurk as always to see your review

Mandy IReadIndie said...

hmmm very interesting teaser. thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Paige said...

I haven't heard of this book, but
I like the teaser! I hope your enjoying it and thanks for stopping by my TT!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday_08.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books

Tiffany Drew said...

Excellent teaser! I hadn't heard of it before so I'm on my way to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

Addicted2Heroines said...

Wicked cover. I haven't heard of this book or author before. Thanks for sharing ;)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Sounds like the kid is very smart and mature for his age. Wonderful teaser!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home