teaser tuesday (82)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 |
It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted every week by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:

Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page (or if you're reading on an electronic device, pick a random number and scroll to that section). Post two or more sentences from that page, along with the book title and author. Share your find with others in the comments at Should Be Reading, and don't give anything vital away!

“I took a breath and caught the stench of decay from the Dumpster.  I also smelled something else on the wind: blood.  And then I saw a splash of paint across a crumbling wall—a skull with a pair of red wings on either side—and I realized where we were.”

p. 101 of Julie Kagawa’s The Immortal Rules (ARC version, courtesy of Harlequin Teen)

18 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Where? I want to know where they were! You chose a tantalizing teaser. Mine is here Sandy's Teaser, along with a related movie trailer.

Claire said...

That is such an awesome teaser. It raises so many questions and is soooo tempting!

My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

Kari Po-Ku ▲ said...

This book is not yet available in our country. :( I can't wait to read this. Great teaser!:)

My Teaser Tuesday

Kari Po-Ku ▲ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Does not sound good at all

Sara Kovach / Dare to be Different - Teach! said...

OK, that sounds creepy. I recently got this book to review. Can't wait!!!

My teaser: http://sosimplesara.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-14.html

Ashley said...

Super great teaser! I have this book but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'm really looking forward to it though - I think it sounds amazing! And all the reviews have been great :) I'd love to read your review when you're done!

Here's my teaser from Blackwood by Gwenda Bond

Pamela said...

.... well where were they?? That's very nice of you to give us such a taunting teaser ;). Thanks for sharing.

Feel free to check out my teaser here.

starryeyedjen said...

Loved The Immortal Rules! Great teaser!!!

Here’s my Of Poseidon teaser! Happy Tuesday!

fredamans said...

Being a fairly new Kagawa fan, I really want to get a copy of this one.

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Sounds a bit scary! Thanks for sharing. My teaser is here.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! i wonder where they were, good teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday_15.html

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo smells like trouble. Great teaser.

Anonymous said...

Perfect teaser! I just finished this last week and I loved the section this teaser is from. Happy reading!

aliaa said...

Oooh, one of the books I am dying to read!
Hope you enjoy it.

Here's mine:
http://www.aliaaelnashar.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesdays-2.html

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ooooo! I have this one on it's way to me! I can't wait to get it. Wonderful teaser!

carol said...

Great teaser. Leaves me with all kinds of questions.

Sullivan McPig said...

Hmm.. cool teaser. I might have to check this one out.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home