waiting on wednesday (26)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 |
I’m participating today in "Waiting On" Wednesday. It is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and its purpose is to spotlight eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.

Guys, I don’t read as many contemporary thrillers as I should.  I just enjoyed Megan Crewe’s The Way We Fall, and loved Cory Doctorow’s Little Brother, but I’m somewhat hesitant to take on other books (it’s that towering TBR pile of fantasy and sci-fi, i think – i feel guilty even thinking about it).  Good news: a cover caught my eye, the description seems to promise contemporary thriller with a heavy dash of mystery, and I’m all in.  Don’t Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon will be published by HarperCollins, and releases on August 28th, 2012.

don't turn around by michelle gagnon book coverSixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her computer-hacking skills to stay safely anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in an empty warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa's talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation threatens his life. But what Noa and Peter don't realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who'd stop at nothing to silence her for good.

Filled with action, suspense, and romance, this first book in a new trilogy offers readers nonstop thrills.

What books are you waiting on?

12 comments:

Nicole said...

The cover for this creeps me out -- which, I suppose, fits the story!

Liz. R said...

I've seen this one a few times and it looks awesome! Great sounding story line and promising characters (I've always had a soft spot for teen hackers :P). Great pick! :)

Jenny N. said...

The summary hardly gave anything away but after reading it, I do want to know more.

Unknown said...

OMG this book sounds so amazing! I hope it's a little scary too! Great pick this week :) Check out my WOW:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Charlotte said...

Hmmm...doesn't sound like quite my thing (I probably read even fewer contemp. thrillers than you, although I've read both those you mention). So I'll wait and see what you think on this one!

Beth S. said...

This book sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Creepy cover, and creepy synopsis - but very intriguing! Definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy =)

Little Miss Becky said...

I keep seeing this one around today--the cover is so creepy!

Gaby G said...

I saw this one yesterday, sounds good!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo so mysterious!

Michelle Gagnon said...

Yay! Thrilled to see that DTA made your WoW list. Hope you enjoy it!

Orchid said...

I am so glad that you mentioned this book. I hadn't heard of it and it sounds like a great read. *adds to Goodreads*

Newer Posts Older Posts Home