teaser tuesday (84)

It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted every week by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:

Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page (or if you're reading on an electronic device, pick a random number and scroll to that section). Post two or more sentences from that page, along with the book title and author. Share your find with others in the comments at Should Be Reading, and don't give anything vital away!

for darkness shows the stars by diana peterfreund book cover
“She didn’t need to hear him gloat about how all his dreams—the ones they’d once created together—were about to come true.  Envy hurt exponentially more than heartbreak because your soul was torn in two, half soaring with happiness for another person, half mired in a well of self-pity and pain.”

p. 329 of Diana Peterfreund’s For Darkness Shows the Stars

18 comments:

Liviania said...

I love FDStS so much. My review is going up tomorrow and I can't wait to discuss the book with people.

Cecelia said...

Liviania: I read it tonight. In one sitting - from when I got home from work until now. I'm in love with it, too! I'll be sure to stop by your review as soon as I've written enough of my own to be sure I won't steal any ideas (but seriously, that's how i cope).

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Great teaser! I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds like one I should read. I love the comment about envy.
My teaser today is from The Lie.

Unknown said...

aww sounds sad! I can't wait to read this book. I hope they get back together.
My TT

The More the Merrier said...

Great teaser, it's so sad. I'm going to be checking this book out.

My TT!

Lauren said...

Awesome teaser! I really need to read this book soon.

http://bookyaddict.blogspot.ie/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-3.html

Kari Po-Ku ▲ said...

Great teaser! I'm really dying to read this one. :D

My TT

Jessica said...

I am reading this right now too, and OH MY WORD it is breaking my heart in the best way! Great teaser, too <3

Anonymous said...

This is such a good teaser, and so true. I have this one sitting on the floor beside me right now and I am so excited to get to it.

Christina said...

That is a great teaser. I can tell I already like the author's writing style. Here's my TT

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Sounds depressing, but I like it. Great teaser, I've been meaning to read this book. Here's my Teaser

fredamans said...

Sad but seems to be true.

Anonymous said...

Good teaser, sounds sad.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_12.html

Tales of Whimsy said...

Awwww I bet lots of folks can relate to this one. Great teaser.

Maryellen said...

This sounds like I would need a tissue...interesting tho ;)love the descriptions!!

Ginny Larsen said...

ditto what the above peeps said. yay for comments!

carol said...

Good teaser. And I simply love the book's title, almost poetic.

Dazzling Mage said...

Oh, that is so beautiful. Great teaser.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home