teaser tuesday (86)

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 |
It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted every week by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:

Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page (or if you're reading on an electronic device, pick a random number and scroll to that section). Post two or more sentences from that page, along with the book title and author. Share your find with others in the comments at Should Be Reading, and don't give anything vital away!

the long earth by terry pratchett and stephen baxter book cover“At last Sarah stumbled towards him and clamped herself on him. ‘Where are we?’

‘Somewhere else, I guess.  You know.  Like Narnia.’

The moonlight showed him the tears pouring down her face and the snot under her nose, and he could smell the vomit on her nightdress. ‘I never stepped into no wardrobe.’

p. 25 of Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter’s The Long Earth (ARC version, subject to change)

18 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a teaser. It has some nostalgic elements, fear, mystery, and expectation. Bravo!

Unknown said...

Great teaser!! Thanks for stopping by!

Kendal
Kinx's Book Nook

Li @ rulethewaves.net said...

Interesting teaser! Been curious whether or not to check out this novel since I love Terry Pratchett's Discworld series and this sounds pretty different.

Here are my teasers for this week =)

Aislynn said...

Great teaser!

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my Teaser post :)

Have an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

Mm, very interesting! I can't help wondering why she's all snotty, and where they are. Great teaser =)

Tobi Summers said...

Nice teaser! I like anything that references Narnia.

Thanks for commenting on mine!

Vanessa said...

I've been hearing awesome things about this book, and I love this teaser. Thanks for sharing!

And thanks for stopping by my blog. *new follower*

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Wow, that teaser has a little bit of everything! Great pick!

Thanks for stopping by my My Teaser Tuesdays Post

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

fredamans said...

I enjoy every story I have read of Terry Pratchett's.

Anonymous said...

ha, love that little teaser! especially the nod to Narnia. definitely going to have to pick this one up!

thanks for stopping by. :)

creativedeeds said...

Great teaser. Glad I'm not the only one who can't stick to the '2 sentence' rule. LOL! Thanks for stopping by mine this morning. ;)

Liviania said...

Sounds terrific, but Terry Prachett is involved so that's a no-brainer.

Lizzy said...

Ooh, sounds very intense. Great teaser!

Cherie Reich said...

"I never stepped into no wardrobe" - made me laugh. :D This one sounds so good, and I love the cover.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Heather said...

LOL - an intriguing teaser. Thanks for visiting!

Michelles Paranormal Vault Of Books said...

New follower here, nice tease, lol. Here is mine Tues Teaser & Intros Tues

Pamela said...

This looks like an interesting book!

Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

Jennifer @ BookShelfery said...

I love the last line of the teaser, lol. Thanks for stopping by mine!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home