vacation donuts

Saturday, March 9, 2013 |
One of my favorite things about vacation is trying restaurants and food unique to the place I’m visiting.  I spent part of last week in Florida visiting one of my good friends from grad school.  We were in the West Palm Beach area, and luckily she wanted to go on culinary adventures, too.  One morning before hitting the beach we stopped at the Jupiter Donut Factory.  It’s a no-nonsense, delicious, and satisfying experience – if you’re ever in the area, I heartily suggest it.  Oh, and the beach was pretty nice, too.

chocolate peanut butter cup donut

'6am till Sold Out'

bacon maple bars, red velvet glazed, banana & coconut creme, oh my!

best. barstools. ever.

sour cream old fashioned with cinnamon sugar

What’s your favorite kind of donut?

Interested in other food-related posts?  Check out Beth Fish Reads’ Weekend Cooking.


Trish said...

And now I NEED a donut. ;) My favorite is strawberry frosted with sprinkles. Because apparently I'm a 10 year old inside. And yes--those barstools are awesome!

Laurie C said...

Oh MY! I usually don't care about doughnuts, but those look fantastic! My favorite is maple.

Beth F said...

Shoot. Now I *need* a sour cream old-fashioned with cinnamon sugar. Really.

Juju at Tales of said...

Oh how I adore donuts.
Heavenly orbs.
My favorite is either something simply sweet and cakey or chocolate on chocolate.
I love no-nonsense donuts.

I was wondering where you were. That pic you posted on Twitter was fab. So how was the weather?

Juju at Tales of said...

That first pic btw, totally makes me wish I could lick my screen. ;)

Liviania said...

Those look good, but that last one looks more like a cake donut than an old-fashioned to me.

My fave will always be maple donuts. So simple, so perf.

Kat C said...

Oh my, those donuts look yummy ! I bet they would be wonderful with a cup of coffee !

Peggy Ann said...

I love the look of the eatery! So bright and fresh and that sour cream cake donut has my name on it!

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

I love to visit local restaurants when we travel too. What a fun, happy place. My favorite donut- Boston creme.

Ryan said...

I'm not really a doughnut fan, prefer bagels, but I'm not sure I could have passed up the bacon/maple one.

missprint said...

I've read this post a couple of times to admire your pictures of the donut shop and if possible the donuts look more appetizing every time I see them.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home