waiting on wednesday (55)

Today I’m participating in "Waiting On" Wednesday, a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Its purpose is to spotlight upcoming book releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

I've been meaning to read more YA sci-fi (no really, i made it a new year's resolution).  To tell you the truth, it's an easy goal to meet because the 2013 YA sci-fi lineup looks amazing - from the gorgeous covers the story summaries.  At the verrrrry end of 2013 we have one of my most anticipated books (sci-fi or not) of the year.  It's an epic, with romance and mystery and two teens from different classes and a SPACECRASH.  Oh, and did I mention that the lovely local author Meg Spooner is a co-author?  Yes indeed.  Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner’s These Broken Stars will be released on December 10, 2013 by Disney Hyperion.  AND I CANNOT FLIPPING WAIT.

these broken stars by amie kaufman & meagan spooner book cover
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.

The first in a sweeping science fiction trilogy, These Broken Stars is a timeless love story about hope and survival in the face of unthinkable odds.

What books are you waiting on?

7 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

One of the most gorgeous covers ever. Fine pick doll!

Unknown said...

This one has been on my list too. I love the cover and the story line! I can't wait until I can get my hands on it :) Great choice!

My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-the-chaos-of-stars/

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cover, but I'm a bit wary of spaceship books since none have realliy impressed me since Snyder's Inside Out, may check some reviews out for this before I raed it!

My WoW

WinterHaven said...

I cannot wait to read this one! It looks soooo good! Great pick =)

My WOW

Liviania said...

All the YA sci-fi, yes! This one is on my want list too.

Anonymous said...

Yes please! I am dying to start reading this one - it sounds and looks amazing.

Krystianna said...

I'm super excited for this one! It sounds extraordinary! Thanks for sharing. :)
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Newer Posts Older Posts Home