Every time one of these TBR (to-be-read) pile posts comes along, I wonder about the advisability of searching for ten books to fill the list. Does it raise expectations (in anyone beside myself) that I’ll get to the books in a timely manner? (I won’t.) And I worry too about accidentally leaving a book I’m dying for off the list. These may be silly thoughts, but they’re real. Anyway, the list below contains books on my library hold list, my Amazon wishlist, and my Goodreads to-read shelf. In other words, a good representation of what I can’t wait to read this spring.
Top Ten Books on My Spring To-Be-Read List
1. Death Sworn by Leah Cypess – Assassin school and a mage who has lost her magic. Why do I want to read this? Because: obviously.
2. The Inventor’s Secret by Andrea Cremer – Steampunk young adult will always hold a special place in my heart, and this one sounds intriguing.
3. The Islands of Chaldea by Diana Wynne Jones and Ursula Jones – The last DWJ book ever! I still need to read most of her backlist, but it is sad to realize that there are a finite number of books left to discover now that she has passed.
4. A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn – A debut featuring dragons, politics, and a girl who belongs in neither the human or dragon worlds. Ummm, YES.
5. The Undertaking of Lily Chen by Danica Novgorodoff – This adult graphic novel sounds dark, messed up, and kind of fantastic. Can’t wait to read it.
8. Talker 25 by Joshua McCune – Dragons confined to reservations, a military state, and a girl who accepts a dare. Yep, sounds pretty fantastic.
9. The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson – Steampunk-ish middle grade, with a mystery and a perilous journey. I’m in.
What books are you looking forward to this spring?