Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we all get to exercise our OCD tendencies and come up with bookish lists. If you’d like to play along, check out this post.
Two years ago I did a post on bookish confessions, where I shared secrets such as: I have run up $100+ library fines (it was just the once, I swear!), I skip ahead in a lot (most?!) books, and that I semi-permanently stowed 14 boxes of books at my parents’ house. Today’s list, however, focuses on blogging confessions. Some may surprise you, others may not… but this is about the writing itself, the so-called behind-the-scenes, rather than books directly. Well, except in the case of #10. I had to sneak that in there. Even if I’ve already ‘confessed’ it multiple times!
Top Ten Blogging Confessions
1. Of the top 10 all-time most popular posts on my blog, 4 are recipes, and NONE are book reviews. Welp.
2. I wait until a “good” week before updating my blogging stats for sites like NetGalley and Edelweiss. Vanity is a killer, folks.
3. Currently around 50% of my reading = romance novels, and I very rarely blog or review them.
4. Reading and reviewing graphic novels feels like cheating. It’s so easy!
5. I signed up for the much-discussed, er… much-maligned (?!) Blogging for Books program because I want to review more cookbooks. And no one is exactly throwing them at me right now.
6. I take any/all photos on my blog with my iPhone 4s. I don’t own a camera, and haven’t since ~2007.
7. My best blog traffic day in any given week is Tuesday. Thanks, Top Ten Tuesday meme friends!
8. I got my current real-life job because of skills I learned from blogging, but most days I feel like a rank amateur. Have you seen my fellow bloggers?!
9. I hate vlogs and/or booktube videos. I have never been able to force myself to watch one all of the way through.
10. I really do judge books by their covers. All. The. Freaking. Time. I know I should know better by now!
What are your blogging confessions? Or if you don’t blog, what’s your favorite from my list?