top ten books i’m looking forward to in 2015

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 |
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we all get to exercise our OCD tendencies and come up with bookish lists.  If you’d like to play along, check out this post.

top ten tuesday

Oh hello there!  It’s been a while.  I have been busy reading not-books (uhm… fan fiction?) for the past few months and have sadly neglected my reading schedule, real-books, and the blog.  I’m back now.  And I have brought with me… three months worth of reading guilt (as you do)!  All of those books I didn’t get to during my months away are languishing… and I’m here today talking about more books that aren’t even published yet?!  Yes, yes I am.  [insert proverb/pithy saying about the reading heart/brain wanting what it wants]  So yeah, these are the books I can’t wait to get my hands on.  Sorry/not sorry. *grin*

Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2015


1. Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross – I read Cross’ first book Kill Me Softly, and while I thought the writing was decent it was really the concept that captured my interest (fairy tales crossed with the modern world plus added danger).  I couldn’t put it down.  I’m excited to see what happens next in Beau Rivage.

2. Omega City by Diana Peterfreund – I really liked Peterfreund’s two recent YA sci-fi/historical mash-ups, and I can already tell that I’ll love this middle grade book, too.  It has been likened to City of Ember.  Need I say more?

3. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black – Totes cheating on this one.  I’ve already read it.  And it was FANTASTIC.  I can’t wait to purchase a finished copy.  It will be so beautiful!

4. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge – Can we talk?  Let’s talk.  I liked Hodge’s debut novel Cruel Beauty.  But I loved her novella Gilded Ashes.  What does this tell me? I will likely ADORE (with all caps!) her next book.  Here’s hoping!

5. The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente – You know the type of story that you want to distill into a cordial because you’re very sure drinking it would make you live forever or some such?  I feel that way about Valente’s Fairyland books.  I will gladly make a place in my heart for another one.


6. The Apple Throne by Tessa Gratton – Do you like Norse mythology, kissing and/or fantastic alternate universes?  Good, me too.  Now, have you read Tessa Gratton’s United States of Asgard stories, starting with The Lost Sun?  Go do that.  Unfortunately, the series was canceled after book #2 (we won’t go into how sad that made me…).  GOOD NEWS alert!  Gratton will be self-publishing the final book in the series.  It sounds amazeballs.  I haven’t even read the novellas set in the same world yet, but I’m excited.  Also, did I mention that one time Gratton wrote crossover Avengers/USofAsgard fanfiction?  *love*

7. Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop – I've read the previous two books in The Others series (starting with Written in Red) on the day they came out.  I mean that in an I-didn't-sleep-and-then-went-to-work-and-then-reread-the-books-the-very-next-day kind of way.  I'd call it a problem, but it's so enjoyable...

8. Beastkeeper by Cat Hellison – The beautiful book cover caught my eye, and then I saw the words beast and curse in conjunction.  SOLD!

9. Stone in the Sky by Cecil Castellucci – First book Tin Star was a serious win.  Intelligent, beautifully-written young adult science fiction?  Yes, I'll have some more.

10. The Just City by Jo Walton – Time travel + education + philosophy + Greek mythology = Oooookay, I'll read it.  With pleasure!

Honorable Mention: Ebon by Robin McKinley – I know there’s slightly less than a snowball’s chance in heck that this one will come out in 2015 (Goodreads status notwithstanding), but I remain *hopeful* because I just like to torture myself that way.  ONE DAY!  Hopefully soon-ish.  Le sigh.

What books are you looking forward to in 2015?

8 comments:

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

Peterfreund's new book almost made my list this week too. Crimson Bound made my list too. Now excuse me while I go check out these other books I'm not so familiar with.
My TTT

danicapage said...

Thanks for sharing. Crimson Bound made my list too.

here's my post

Thanks! I also have a $30 giveaway going on, so be sure to check that out.

Kristen M. said...

Ooh, the Jo Walton sounds good! I need to get it onto my watchlist!

Lori said...

Oh, I didn't know Diana Peterfreund has a MG coming out! Adding it to my TBR right now! Beastkeeper also sounds fantastic!
My Top Ten

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back!

I share your excitement for The Apple Throne. And I finally got to The Darkest Part of the Forest and enjoyed it so much. I can't wait to talk about it with more people once it's officially published.

satins booki said...

ohhh some nice books.


heres my teaser.

http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/teaser-tuesday.html

Jenny @ Reading the End said...

Ha. We just WISH that Ebon would come out this year. I won't believe it until the finished book is in my hands. I'm saving my excitement for The Darkest Part of the Forest, which feels like a very sure thing. :p

Nazmiyal Collection said...

Great list! Here at Nazmiyal, we're looking to spend some time reading "Marakesh By Design," and "The art of Space" by Mary Cook, which we'll be reviewing on our blog. Check us out at our website

Newer Posts Older Posts Home