Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List
1. The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente – This one has been on my wishlist ever since I read Valente’s first wonderful Fairyland adventure. I look forward to having my heart handed to me by another gorgeous story.
2. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan – Ms. Brennan writes hilarious and poignant prose, and I say ‘yes’ to whatever she wants to give us readers. That this one also has a gorgeous cover doesn’t hurt anyone.
3. Riveted by Meljean Brook – I love steampunk (see: Steampunk Week in September!), and I love what Meljean Brook has done in her Iron Seas series. I can’t wait to read this latest installment.
4. The City’s Son by Tom Pollock – I have heard Pollock’s debut compared to Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere, and there’s nothing I love so much as Neil Gaiman read-alikes. I have this one, just need to clear time in my schedule to read it!
5. Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz – Gothic thriller meets puppetry, magic and a Dickensian plot. Need I say more?
6. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake – I’ve been hearing good things about this title for over a year now, and I bought a copy to read on my phone. Sounds like just the thing for some Halloween chills.
7. The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand – Another middle grade title gets my attention with a combination of creepy, clever and just a hint of bizarre humor. Should be right up my alley.
8. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter – Zombies? Check. Retelling? Check. Unlimited fun? Guaranteed.
9. Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill – I do love a story that promises brave-hearted heroines, dragons, and has a beautiful cover to go with it.
10. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – I changed my mind about Stiefvater after I fell in love with The Scorpio Races last year. I can’t wait to see what else she has cooked up.
How about you – what books are on your radar for fall?